Connect with us

News

Thai Man charging phone and using earphones dies by electrocution

Published

on

Thai Man charging phone and using earphones dies by electrocution

A man from Thailand, 24-year-old Kritsada Supol has died by electrocution while using earphones to listen to music and charging his phone at the same time. Police said they found the Thai laying lifeless on his mattress with his Samsung device plugged into a power socket with a charging cable.

The Police claimed that Kritsada was using an inferior charger which is believed to be the major cause of the electrocution. Kritsada had burns around his ears when he was visited in his room in Chonburi according to the house owner.

Thai Man charging phone and using earphones dies by electrocution

Sun UK reported that Kritsada appeared to have been listening to music or talking to someone, with the microphone end of the earphones which was resting over his lips.

  Job aspirant loses job opportunity for having two expensive phones

Your saliva is a very good conductor of electricity because of its water content.

Reports according to Police Captain Jaleuk Polthong from the Phan Thong Provincial Police Station in Chonburi, Thailand suggests that Kritsada was electrocuted while using the earphones and charging his Samsung smartphone with an inferior charger at the same time.

Thai Man charging phone and using earphones dies by electrocution

Captain Jaleuk Polthong said,

“We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was listening to music. Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorized company. It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death”.

  Job aspirant loses job opportunity for having two expensive phones

Thai Man charging phone and using earphones dies by electrocution

Fake chargers are cheap and rampant in Nigeria. One of the ways of spotting a fake charger is to look at the physical body prints, it can never be the same with the original. It is also advisable not to use your phone while it is charging.

There has been cases of exploding batteries due to overheating and now the case of electrocution. Always purchase your phone manufacturer’s phone accessories from recommended shops or trusted retail outlets. Fake charger almost look like the original ones, but the are light weight and have fake branding. You can only know if the branding is fake by comparing it with the original one.

  Job aspirant loses job opportunity for having two expensive phones

The fake charger which Kritsada was using may have sent high electric charge to the earpiece. Smartphones are made of metal circuits and the earpiece is connected to this circuit. If their is a surge in current that the charger cannot handle, because it is a fake one, it will push the excess current to the phone, causing harm. In another case, Fake chargers send excess current to the phone when one of it’s inferior component gets damaged on usage.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending