Senator Shehu Sani, the Senator representing Kaduna Central district at the National house of assembly has shared his personal reasons why the northern part of Nigeria is in abject poverty. One of the reasons which I considered striking was “Septic extremism and toxic inter ethnic violence”.
In other statements he blamed former Northern leaders for their culpable practices while in power.
In 2018, the northern part of Nigeria has been unsafe. We got to report of cases of Fulani herdsmen, armed bandits attacking a village Zamfara and the likes of them which are on the rise in the Northern part of Nigeria.
It almost looks as if there is no security attention paid to that part of the country.
The reasons are stated below.
- Neglect of Agriculture & dependence on oil revenues;
- Decadence & collapse of public education;
- Septic extremism and toxic inter ethnic violence;
- Abandoning the moral and ethical standards and economic vision and legacies of Ahmadu Bello;
- Culpability of successive Northern leaders in power;
- entrenched Handouts culture;
- Pliant attitudinal incumbrance of refusing to challenge leaders and hold them to account or the Slavery of loyalty or inimical subservience;
- Decades of systemic marginalization,emasculation and oppression and Institutional contempt for the poor by the regional elites.