Connect with us


4-years-old girl tortured to death by her mum and mother’s boyfriend



The death of 4-year-old Aniya Day-Garrett has sent waves to the nerves of many, especially because of how she suffered at the hands of her mother and her boyfriend before she was killed.

Anya was beaten to death by her mother and her boyfriend. Aniya was starved and had her feet and legs burned.

As a result of the torture, the child died in Euclid Hospital in Cleveland on Sunday from a stroke. Medical examiners said the stroke was caused by damages caused by repeated blows to the head.

4-years-old girl tortured to death by her mum and mother's boyfriend

4-years-old girl tortured to death by her mum and mother’s boyfriend

The diabolic mum, Sierra Day, 23, and her boyfriend Deonte Lewis, 26, were charged with aggravated murder and held on $1 million bonds. Sierra and her boyfriend called 911 at about 11.30am on Sunday to report that Aniya was unresponsive and not breathing.

Funny how they indirectly called the police to arrest them. 


Sierra claimed Aniya started “acting weird” when they took her to Red Lobster the previous Thursday and that she fell off a toilet seat on Sunday. She told the cops that her daughter was unable to keep food or water down and threw up Tylenol she gave her, then barely ate any breakfast the morning of her death.

But when police arrived, they saw that 4 years old Aniya’s skin appeared to be “extremely pale and lifeless,” and her face and neck were “very small and emaciated”.

Aniya also had what appeared to be rug burn marks on her feet and legs and was so malnourished  that paramedics “could see the individual joints” of her fingers. Doctors then noticed a big bruise on her left eye which was nearly swollen shut, a cut above her left eyebrow, and scald marks on both legs. Words can really describe.

It has been revealed that Harbor Crest Child Care filed an abusing a minor report against Sierra in May 2017 allegedly documenting 18 months of injuries to Aniya. Cuyahoga County Children and Family Services also conducted three separate investigations into accusations of neglect last year.
However, both cases were concluded that there was not enough evidence to remove the child from her mother’s home.

Aniya’s father Mickhal Garrett had been fighting to gain custody of his daughter and made repeated complaints accusing Sierra and her boyfriend of harming and abusing the Aniya. Sierra was scheduled to meet with a social worker on Monday, March 19 to discuss Mickhal Garrett’s petition for an emergency custody but Aniya was killed before then.

As Sierra and boyfriend Lewis faced court on Tuesday, Aniya’s father sprung to his feet and screamed in anguish: “You killed my f***ing child! You hurt my baby.” He then collapsed into the arms of family members and sobbed uncontrollably.

Garrett has accused Child Protective Service of failing him and his dead child.

“We want them to be held accountable,” said Garrett. “CPS failed me. They failed us all. Nobody should have to go through this. So many people tried and tried to make sure Aniya Marie Garrett was safe and they failed our family.”