Connect with us


IPhone battery Saga Times | IPhone Burst into Flames as i slept Woman says



Like millions of smartphone owners, Amanda Bentz sleeps with her iPhone on a nightstand right next to her bed — a habit she never thought could potentially cause her harm.

The Palm Harbor, Florida resident learned that the hard way this week when she says her iPhone 6 Plus caught fire just “a foot away” from where she was sleeping.

“It woke me up,” Bentz told CBS affiliate WTSP. “The flames itself. There was no warning. It didn’t start sparking, smoking, nothing. Out of nowhere it just burst into flames.”

Now Bentz and her husband, Kyle, are warning others to be aware of the danger of charging the devices overnight.

“Those of you that charge your phones at night on your night stand, right next to your head or in a different room … or when you’re not home please watch out,” Kyle posted on Facebook early Tuesday, along with several photos of the aftermath. “It’s a little scary waking up to your wife’s iPhone 6 Plus on fire right next to her head.”

Luckily, Kyle was able to put out the fire rather quickly — and only a comforter, pillowcase, drapes and an earring fell victim to the flames.

“I will tell you that’s a very awakening/sobering experience,” Kyle wrote.

The couple thought the charger may be to blame, but the base and cord didn’t feel hot.

“Not sure what happened,” Kyle said. “It’s something internal, because the charger was not warm at all.”

Bentz said they notified Apple of the issue, and the company said it would investigate the claim.

“They started the whole safety process and said they talked to engineers. We’re waiting to hear back to get a replacement device,” Bentz told WTSP.

Apple has not yet responded to CBS News’ request for further comment on this incident, but it’s not the first time the company has received complaints about an “exploding” iPhone 6 Plus.

In October, Darin Hlvaty, a student at Rowan College of Burlington County in New Jersey, said his iPhone 6 Plus caught fire during class, prompting students to evacuate the building.
“I flinched upwards because it was burning my leg,” Hlvaty said. “As I flinched up, I noticed that I was smoking.”

Apple also said it would investigate the matter at the time.

Apple’s biggest competitor, Samsung, has recently faced even bigger problems with phone fires. Samsung had to recall all of its Galaxy Note 7’s last fall after numerous reports of the phones bursting into flames. The company later determined the design and manufacturing of the phone’s lithium-ion battery was to blame.

  Life Outside Barcelona isn't Bad After all - Neymar Jnr , PSG's 3-0 win Over Guingamp

It looks like iphone is about to suffer a set back cause Iphones were on top on phone vendors late 2016. And from the picture above, iphones explosion seems to be more dangerous compared to the Galaxy note 7

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Employment seeking girl steals N108k from her prospective employer




Opportunity comes but once, this young girl believes as she stole N108k from her prospective employer. A female jobseeker has been captured for taking One Hundred and Eight Thousand Naira amid her prospective employee meeting in Delta State.

It was accumulated that the businessperson at the organization had ventured out to get something, leaving the suspect in the workplace. The young lady professedly utilized the chance to take N108k and fled.

  kanayo O kanayo At Glo Mega Music Tour

Good fortune, be that as it may, ran out on her, days after the fact, while going through the road where the workplace is found. She was expeditiously caught and dragged to her home where the rest of the cash was recovered.

Continue Reading


Lagos tenant uses Landlord’s apartment to dupe house appliance vendors of N50 million




Read this narration by twitter handle, @Wenogetjob, which tells of how he eavesdropped on a couples conversation of a duping man. The man rented a house for 2 month, bought expensive items worth up to N50 million on credit. Left the rented apartment with all the appliances he has not paid for, after winning the trust of the sellers.

Hey peepz, I have a gist tho I don’t know if it’s true or not..But I will say it Sha. I was just walking on the street 2receive fresh air when I saw a couple. d man was telling his wife about an incident. I kukuma slowed down an walked behind them to hear d full gist.

It was more like a scam story. A certain man walked up to a Landlord in our area and requested to rent his apartment for 2 months, with the excuse that he was traveling to Canada and just came to Lagos for the Visa Processing.. They agreed on 150K.


The man paid and took ownership of the apartment.He then went out to Vendors in town and negotiated to buy expensive items on lease. With installment payment plans.. He was said to have collected home appliance worth N50,000,000 from various vendors.

He then took them all to the apartment one by one to build trust. At least once they know he lives there, they can easily come around and pack their stuffs if he defaults, these people didn’t know what would hit them was going to be deadlier than Tsunami.

  Fake Policeman Caught In Rivers State

As agreed with the Landlord, the man packed out even earlier than expected… Left with all the items, of which he had not finished the payment..and the Landlord was so happy to have struck a better deal He immediately rented out the apartment to another family.

One by one, the creditors began to come in and same story was relieved to them.. Some fainted, some threatened hell fire …. To cut the long story short, Baba Ijebu was arrested alongside the new tenant.. You know Naija now… #POLICE  no wan hear wuen

They were only saved after a Landlord intervened. He is a legal practitioner and took up the case. But sincerely speaking. I wonder how some people feel at rest knowing fully well their victims would suffer.  I guess it all centers on lack of conscience. This is bad #dojon

  Balogun Market In Lagos On Fire | Watch Video Read Also: UPDATE!!! Offa Bank robbers caught by the phones they gave their girlfriends

Continue Reading


How a middle-aged man died after withdrawing N100,200 from the bank will shock you




How a middle-aged man died after withdrawing N100,200 from the bank will shock you

What could have taken the life of a middle-aged man, identified only as Muyibi, who collapsed and died in a commercial cab in the Ojota area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro reports that Muyibi boarded the cab after withdrawing money from a United Bank for Africa branch in the Ogudu area. Then the driver had turned to to take his fee from Muyibi when he realized the man had become motionless. After reaching the terminus, a resident told Punch’s correspondent that the driver alighted from the cab to slightly push Muyibi, who was cold.

The resident, who did not want to be identified, said,

  Balogun Market In Lagos On Fire | Watch Video

“The driver had picked some other passengers along the way, and they had all paid and dropped off at their various bus stops.
“When the victim did not respond when they got to the terminus, the driver parked the cab to rouse him, but he was cold.
The driver raised the alarm, which drew the attention of commuters and passersby to the scene. People checked him and discovered that the man was dead.”

Policemen from the Ogudu division were said to have been alerted to the incident. The driver’s vehicle was impounded just like that, while the man’s body was deposited in a morgue.

  kanayo O kanayo At Glo Mega Music Tour

A source person at the terminus who spoke with Punch newspaper confirmed the incident, saying:

“It happened around 3pm on Friday. The man went to withdraw some money in UBA. The Ogudu Divisional Police Officer was compassionate; she pitied the cab driver, who had become jittery.
Although the man was not detained, his cab was impounded at the station pending when the deceased’s family would show up,” he added.

Lagos state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said the police recovered N100,200 from the victim’s bag.

  How parents should train up their child

He said:

“The man was on his way to Ojota when he collapsed and died. We recovered the sum of N100,200 from his bag.
He also had a phone, which had a new SIM card. There is no contact on the phone and nobody has called him. We have a lead as to where he could be living.
His body has been deposited in a morgue for autopsy.”

Continue Reading